- This event has passed.
Embassy Cup 2023
Venue: Sano International Cricket Ground (formerly Tanuma Cricket Ground)
10/28 @ 9:00 am - 7:30 pm
One event on 2023/10/29 at 9:00am
The dates and fixtures for the sixth Embassy Cup are now confirmed with the weekend of the 28th and 29th October set to host the biggest domestic event of the year at the Sano International Cricket Ground.
As always, eight teams will represent different cricketing cultures from around the world, while this year the format has changed to T10 to allow eight matches per day to be played with each match lasting 90 minutes.
The matches will start from 9:30am on both days, while on Sunday 29th the Tanuma Furosato Matsuri will also be held at the SICG, bringing thousands of people from the local area to experience the fun of the weekend.
Matches should all conclude by 4:15pm and the Saturday evening will be full of festivities including live music, a prize draw and a raffle will run to raise funds for two children’s charities, to be announced in due course.
During the weekend there will be areas for people to play games and enjoy the food and atmosphere, while there will also be cultural displays from many of the participating teams as the event looks to be a true celebration of crickets’ international appeal.
We urge all fans of cricket and internationalisation to help us “Fill The Stands” at the SICG and create a true carnival.
Premium Seating Available For Purchase
This year we are delighted to be working alongside JTB in providing a premium service for certain sections of the Sano International Cricket Ground.
With the Embassy Cup as the biggest domestic festival of cricket in Japan, this is a unique opportunity to secure the best seats in the house for what should be a fantastic weekend of activity, both on and off the field.
While general admittance will be free of charge, tickets can be purchased by clicking here and are split into two categories. There are the following four sub-categories in the first category, “Registration”:
- ① Bench seats in the Grandstands: 1 seat 1,500 yen
- ② Group seats in the Grandstands: 1 section (up to 50 people) ¥55,000
- ③ Glamping Tents: 1 group (up to 8 people) 50,000 yen
- ④VIP seats: 1 group (up to 15 people) 75,000 yen (available only for the 29th of October)
- *③ and ④ include all-you-can-drink
Please see here for more details:
There is another category “Optional Tour” which includes a bus trip from Tokyo station to the SICG, a dedicated viewing area, opportunity to meet the Japan players, and a trip to the Ashikaga Flower Park to see the “Garden of Illuminated Flowers” before returning to Tokyo station.
Optional Tour: 13,000 yen
Please see here for more details:
“True Colours” Campaign Launched
Throughout the weekend, we wish to encourage visitors to proudly show their support for their choice of team on the field by dressing in team colours. This could be through replica shirts (of any sport!) or simply wearing the colour that is associated with the nation.
We hope to see many bright colours and enthusiastic supporters all around the venue across the two days.
On Saturday 28th we will be raising money for our two chosen charities by running a raffle with prizes on offer. The charities are as follows:
- Yoshimizu Kodomo Shokudo – Chokotto
This is a local children’s charity near the SICG which provides meals at a very low price for children once a month.
- Mirai No Mori
This is a not-for-profit organisation that creates life-changing outdoor programs for abused, neglected, and orphaned youths in Japan, supporting their growth into happy and successful young adults. For more information you can visit their website at: https://mirai-no-mori.jp/
While general admittance to the event is free, details of how to purchase tickets for the stands and glamping areas will be released soon.
Saturday 28th October
- SICG 1: 09:30 ANZAC XI vs Bangladesh Embassy XI
- SICG 2: 09:30 British Embassy XI vs Nepal Embassy XI
- SICG 1: 11:15 Japan XI vs Pakistan Embassy XI
- SICG 2: 11:15 India Embassy XI vs Sri Lanka Embassy XI
- SICG 1: 13:00 ANZAC XI vs British Embassy XI
- SICG 2: 13:00 Bangladesh Embassy XI vs Nepal Embassy XI
- SICG 1: 14:45 Japan XI vs India Embassy XI
- SICG 2: 14:45 Pakistan Embassy XI vs Sri Lanka Embassy XI
Sunday 29th October
- SICG 1: 09:30 ANZAC XI vs Nepal Embassy XI
- SICG 2: 09:30 Bangladesh Embassy XI vs British Embassy XI
- SICG 1: 11:15 Japan XI vs Sri Lanka Embassy XI
- SICG 2: 11:15 India Embassy XI vs Pakistan Embassy XI
- SICG 1: 13:00 Group B Final
- SICG 2: 13:00 Group B 3rd vs 4th
- SICG 1: 14:45 Group A Final
- SICG 2: 14:45 Group A 3rd vs 4th