Women’s National Squad Announced for 2021
- News & Articles
- National Team (Women)
The Japan Women’s Selection Committee, led by High Performance Manager Simon Dart, has announced the national training squad for 2021.
A host of new players come into the group of 20, which is exciting as the squad looks ahead to playing competitive cricket again for the first time since 2019.
Dart Said: “There is plenty of talent at Sendai University, which is really exciting and I think they will bring different skills to the group.”
He continued: “We have also chosen Chelsea Moscript to come into the group, an easy choice with the energy she brings off the field as well as the quality and experience she has in the game”.
Lastly: “Shimako Kato is someone the JCA have monitored for many years and her performances in England have reached a level now where we feel it is a good time for her to be included.”
The full squad is listed below:
- Ayumi Fujikawa (Uenomiya Junior and Senior High School Cricket Club)
- Kiyo Fujikawa (Sano Braves)
- Hinase Gotoh (Uenomiya Junior and Senior High School Cricket Club)
- Haruna Iwasaki (Sendai University Cricket Club)
- Ayaka Kanada (Adore Cricket Club)
- Ruan Kanai (Sano Braves)
- Akari Kano (Sendai University Cricket Club)
- Miho Kanno (Adore Cricket Club)
- Shimako Kato (Ealing Cricket Club, UK)
- Akari Kitayama (Wyverns Cricket Club)
- Yurika Kitamura (Kawasaki Knight Riders Cricket Club)
- Rika Kiyose (Ryukoku Cricket Club)
- Ayaka Kojima (Sendai University Cricket Club)
- Sana Komatsu (Sendai University Cricket Club)
- Shizuka Miyaji (Fuji Far East Cricket Club)
- Chelsea Moscript (Adore Cricket Club)
- Meg Ogawa (Adore Cricket Club)
- Erika Oda (Kawasaki Knight Riders Cricket Club)
- Mao Takatsuka (Ryukoku Cricket Club)
- Nao Tokizawa (Adore Cricket Club)
Women’s National Team Sponsors
- Tech Mahindra Limited
Tech Mahindra represents the connected world, offering innovative and customer-centric information technology experiences, enabling Enterprises, Associates and the Society to Rise™. We are a USD 4.9 billion company with 125,700+ professionals across 90 countries, helping 941 global customers including Fortune 500 companies. Our convergent, digital, design experiences, innovation platforms and reusable assets connect across a number of technologies to deliver tangible business value and experiences to our stakeholders. Tech Mahindra is the highest ranked Non-U.S. company in the Forbes Global Digital 100 list (2018) and in the Forbes Fab 50 companies in Asia (2018).
Tech Mahindra are part of the USD 21 billion Mahindra Group that employs more than 200,000 people in over 100 countries. The Group operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, after-market, information technology and vacation ownership.
- Mitsui Knowledge Industry Co., Ltd.
Mitsui Knowledge Industry Co., Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsui & Co., Ltd. specialized in providing services and products related to ICT (information and communication technology). Partnering with various global ICT vendors and supporting more than 1,500 companies, MKI offers best-in-class solutions to customers.