Women’s Team For East Asia Cup Announced
- Other news
- National Team (Women)
The JCA is pleased to announce that the following 14 players have been selected to represent Japan in the East Asia Cup which is being held in Korea this September.
- Rio Endo (Wyverns Cricket Club)
- Kiyo Fujikawa (Sano Braves)
- Ayaka Kanada (Adore Cricket Club)
- Ruan Kanai (Sano Braves)
- Miho Kanno (Adore Cricket Club)
- Akari Kano (Sendai University)
- Akari Kitayama (Wyverns Cricket Club)
- Shizuka Miyaji (Fuji Far East Cricket Club)
- Kasumi Nanno (Uenomiya Cricket Club)
- Erika Oda (Adore Cricket Club)
- Madoka Shiraishi (Wyverns Cricket Club)
- Kotone Taniguchi (Uenomiya Cricket Club)
- Nao Tokizawa (Keio University Cricket Club)
- Mai Yanagida (Wyverns Cricket Club) – Captain
The coach for the tournament will be Dean Russ from Cricket Victoria, while Yukiko Thurgate will again travel as Manager and Shuichi Okawa will travel as physio.
Chairman of Selectors Christ Thurgate said: “The girls have been working hard this year and after finishing as runner up two years ago will be looking forward to competing in the East Asia Cup again. It has become a key tournament in the Japan Cricket Schedule.
The tournament will take place from September 19th – 22nd and updates will be posted on the JCA website and social media sites.