Women’s National Team announced for ICC Women’s EAP Qualifier
- Other news
- National Team (Women)
The Team of 14 players to represent Japan in the ICC Women’s EAP Qualifier to be held in Vanuatu in May has been named.
The ICC Women’s EAP Qualifier will be held in Vanuatu from the 6th to the 11th of May. Japan will join Fiji, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa and Vanuatu in the tournament where the winner will progress to the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier 2019 and the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2020.
The squad is as follows:
- Rio Endo (Wyverns Cricket Club)
- Eri Ikou (Uenomiya Cricket Club)*
- Ayaka Kanada (Adore Cricket Club)*
- Ruan Kanai (Sano Braves)*
- Miho Kanno (Adore Cricket Club)
- Akari Kano (Sendai University)*
- Akari Kitayama (Wyverns Cricket Club)
- Shizuka Miyaji (Fuji Far East Cricket Club)
- Kasumi Nanno (Uenomiya Cricket Club)*
- Erika Oda (Adore Cricket Club)
- Madoka Shiraishi (Wyverns Cricket Club)
- Kotone Taniguchi (Uenomiya Cricket Club)*
- Nao Tokizawa (Keio University Cricket Club)*
- Mai Yanagida (Wyverns Cricket Club)
Seven of these players will be on their first tour with Japan, since there was no tournament in 2018. These players are marked with a *.
The team will be coached by Duncan Harrison, Managed by Yukiko Thurgate while Bebe Miyaji will also travel with the squad as Assistant Coach.
Updates from the tournament will be posted on our homepage as well as all our social media platforms.
Good Luck to our Ladies!